Before you go giving me all the credit, I have to tell you that I based this recipe on one I found by The Nutritious Kitchen. As soon as I saw the photos I knew I had to make it. And soon!
I called up the girls, had them over for a ‘taste test’ (as if we needed any excuse to eat cheesecake) and we devoured the entire tray. Well, we did leave a few slices left for our other halves, begrudgingly.
- 10 ounces, weight Graham Crackers
- ½ sticks Butter, Melted
- 20 ounces, weight Low-fat Cream Cheese
- 2 whole Eggs
- ½ cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Fat-free Vanilla Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Caramel Sauce (I Use Stonewall Kitchens 'Dulce De Leche')
- 1 ounce, weight Chopped Pecans (optional)
1. Line a 10×16 inch tin with foil. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. In a food processor, blitz the graham crackers until they are finely ground. Transfer the crumbs to a mixing bowl and mix with the melted butter. Press this into the base of the lined tin and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow this to completely cool.
3. As the biscuit base cools, make the filling. In a medium sized bowl using a hand mixer, whizz together the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and yogurt. Mix this for 2 minutes until it’s smooth, fully incorporated (you might need to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice) and free of lumps. Be careful not to over-mix.
4. Pour this on top of the biscuit base and smooth over evenly.
5. Using a teaspoon, add a few dollops of the caramel sauce on top of the cheesecake in random spots. Then, using the tip of a knife, gently ‘swish’ to add some swirls.
6. Pop this into the oven to cook for 25-28 minutes. If you can, I’d recommend that you line the base of the tray with foil and place it inside of a larger tray that filled with some water (the water should only go about halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan). This helps the cheesecake to cook more evenly and helps prevent cracking. If you don’t have a tray large enough, just add some foil to the top of the cheesecake at the 20 minute mark.
7. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before refrigerating. You can scatter the chopped pecans over the top at this time if using them.