We all know that perfect makeup starts at using the right brushes. MAC brushes can be a little expensive but they're worth it. With the tools and the right cleansing lotions, you won’t have to replace your brushes so often and will get the most out of your makeup. Here are 5 brushes, tried and tested by yours truly:
1. MAC 217 Blending Brush: the perfect eye shadow brush for blending different shades and creating a beautiful smokey eye look. Its soft bristles and easy handle helps you apply eye makeup perfectly and to work your eye makeup all the way up to your brow bone effortlessly. Works well with creamy/ powder shadows.
2. MAC 266 Small Angle Brush: with the 266, apply shadow precisely and create a remarkable winged eye look. This brush can be used with wet and dry products for eye, brow, and lip application. Goes perfectly with the MAC fluid eyeliner due to its synthetic semi-hard bristles.
3. MAC 109 Small Contour Brush: perfect for contouring the face and cheek bones. Use with bronzer or highlighter over cheek bones, jaw line, and temples. This brush is so versatile and can be used in many ways. The bristles on the brush are soft and grab the powder very well without much waste. It doesn’t shed hair often too.
4. MAC 190 Foundation Brush: with the right application technique, streaks are almost non-existent with this brush. I've used it fluid foundation and it is just perfect. Don’t forget to blend in neck and jaw-line though.
5. MAC 116 Blusher Brush: being a natural- haired brush, the texture of this brush is just amazing. With plenty of soft bristles, it is dense and firm but still soft enough to grab on to the right amount of powder with no waste.