Baked Eggs with Bacon and Spinach
Makes 4 servings
- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 whole wheat or sourdough English muffins, split horizontally, well toasted
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Special equipment: 4 1-cup ramekins
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp; transfer to paper towels. Pour off drippings from skillet; reserve drippings. Add spinach to pan, sprinkle with pepper, and toss over medium heat, 1 minute. Transfer to strainer set over bowl to drain. Brush four 1-cup ramekins with drippings. Crumble bacon.
Place 1 toasted English muffin half, split side up, in each ramekin. Divide spinach among ramekins, then sprinkle bacon over, dividing equally. With back of spoon, shape well in center of each ramekin. Gently crack 1 egg into well in each ramekin, keeping yolk intact. Drizzle 1 tablespoon cream over each egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake eggs until whites are just set but yolks are still runny, 14 to 16 minutes.