You can make this brilliantly simple ice cream recipe without a machine - and it's sweet and chewy with nougat.
250g/9oz mascarpone cheese
3 eggs, separated (and beat the egg whites)
2 tbsp caster sugar
100g/3½oz crunchy nougat, chopped by hand
- Separate the eggs.
Technique: How to separate eggsWatch technique0:58 mins
- Put the yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add the mascarpone and keep beating.
- Add the chopped nougat.
- Fold in the egg whites beaten firm.
- Coat a rectangular mould or small individual ones with parchment paper or cling film.
- Pour the mixture in the mould or small individual ones.
- Freeze for several hours before serving.
- Tip the ice cream onto a serving dish and decorate with coffee beans and /or crushed hazelnuts.
- Serve immediately.