Feministing recently posted a list of 20 things men don't like about women in the office, pulled from a 1945 book by Thomas D. Horton called What Men Don't Like About Women. (Straight to the point, that Horton guy.) Check out this sexism-drenched atrocity:
We honestly don't know whether to laugh or to cry. So let's try to think some of these through, instead:
1. Their initial impoliteness. Delayed impoliteness it is—expect it by end of day.
6. Their strange gratitude. Like chocolate, gratitude in literally any form whatsoever is a good thing.
9. Their messy tidiness. WHAT DO YOU WANT?! MAKE UP YOUR MIND.
13. Their misapplied femininity. Is this a fancy way of saying "smudged eyeliner"? Because that annoys us, too!
20. Their impertinent questions. Example: "Why the hell does this list exist?"
In all seriousness, sexism and double standards in the workplace are still a real issue today—just take a look at this Dove commercial that highlights gender inequality in the workplace. It's unfair—but it's a fact of (work) life. For tips on how to get ahead, check out "How to Succeed in Business…As a Woman."